TCube Dublin was proud to announce another Git & GitHub Foundations Workshop in Dublin.
Led by Lorna Jane Mitchell the Foundations class helped a newcomer to Git and GitHub, fully grasp the concepts and application of distributed version control so that you can effectively begin using this productivity-enhancing suite of tools.
During this full-day training course, Lorna explored the foundations of Git and GitHub through practical every-day commands and processes, concluding with workflow ideas and practical tips that will get you on the road to mastery of this revolutionary version control system.
- Git and your initial setup
- Git configuration and its inheritance
- SSH Authentication and your first repository
- Understanding and thinking in Git’s three stages
- Adding, committing, and diff-ing code changes
- The Similarity Index; Moving, Renaming, and Removing files
- Reviewing version history in Git
- Strategies for efficiency
- Managing and using Git Remotes
- Branching, Tagging, and Stashing
- Merging, Rebasing, and managing conflicts
- Undoing your work with Git
- Making Git work with SVN
- Understand how Git works and how to apply that to day to day development.
- Learn how GitHub makes distributed collaboration both effective and enjoyable.
- Practice the use of Pull Requests to make contributions to any project.
- Learn the basic 10 commands that will appear in your every-day use of Git.
- Know how to “back out” mistakes using Git’s incredible history and ability to revert almost any change.
- Leverage the features of GitHub for easier collaboration with colleagues.
- Discover how the offline capabilities of Git work.
Seats are available for just €129.00 which includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Date(s) - 12/03/2014
9:30 am - 5:00 pm